Friday, August 07, 2009

3E Presents: A Top 21 Things on the Internet: #13 Chocolate Rain



As Tha Cap'n put it, it makes sense that a guy who sounds 50 and looks fourteen should be 27. Some people don't like him.

Since two years ago, when it was popular, "Chocolate Rain" has had over 40 million views, which is a lot. Also Mr. Zonday got paid to make this.



The reason this is on my list is because about once a month the song randomly gets stuck in my head, and it stays there for about three days. This has not declined in frequency, that I can tell, which I think is a bad sign about how much more empty space my brain has left for learning new things.

But overall, I guess that whole internet fame thing pretty cool, right? A talented guy gets popular on the internet and then rightly makes at least a little money as a result of that talent.

But that is a fake story, the same way that poor black kids leaving the ghettos to become NBA All-Stars is a fake story. The fact that it may have happened before in no way makes it less true.*

*This totally makes sense if you think about it in typical (in the sense of "a type or model for one's life") terms.

1 comment: