Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Good bowl picks to all, and to all a good bowl picks

Gasparilla: UCF vs Marshall
My pick: I GOT IT ALL ON UCF 39
Partly this is Trusting the Bookies, but the play on the UHF lyrics is important here.


New Orleans: Appalachian St. vs UAB
My pick: APP STATE 38
Though we love them, UAB is not a good football team, and the bookies say this one’s a sure thing. 


Potato: Ohio vs Nevada
My pick: OHIO 37
It seems like Nevada is very bad! 


Orange: Florida vs Virginia
My pick: FLO RIDA 36
Virginia sucks! 


Birmingham: Boston College vs Cincinnati
My pick: CINCY 35
BC sucks! 


Independence: La Tech vs Miami (FL)
My pick: MIAMI 34
La Tech has not played anybody.


Outback: Minnesota vs Auburn
My pick: AUBURN 33
I became certain about this one when Derrick Brown said he was going to play. He’s a big name guy, and if he’s here for it, everyone will be. 


Quick Lane: Pitt vs Eastern Michigan
My pick: PITTTTTTT 32
Hard not to get excited about these two alma maters of Pitt legend Dan Mariner. 


Citrus: Michigan vs Alabama
My pick: alabama 31
Come on, man.


Mobile: UL-Lafayette vs Miami (OH)
My pick: ULLAF 30
UL-Lafayette is a big favorite in this one, but dang if I can figure out why. Apparently ULL is good? I assumed this was the Dollar General Bowl and tried to look up betting information under that name. It isn’t! 


Frisco: Utah St. vs Kent St.
My pick: UTAH STATE 29
Kent State sucks! 


Armed Forces: Southern Miss vs Tulane
My pick: TWO LANE 28
Hard not to get excited about this match-up of former (wait, is that right? they’re not in the same conference? oh, that’s right, they all moved around when those teams went up. huh) conference foes.


Sugar: Georgia vs Baylor
My pick: THUGA 27
Surely Georgia will not be overlooking an underdog from Texas after a disappointing SEC title loss, given, you know, the cool things that happened last year.


Peach: Oklahoma vs LSU
My pick: LSU 26
Oklahoma is pretty good, but LSU is better. 


Alamo: Utah vs Texas
My pick: UTAH 25
Tough pick! On paper, Utah is a lot better, but then Texas is very talented with a big-game coach, but then both teams had very disappointing seasons and can’t be excited to be here. So, I don’t know. When everything is in doubt, Utah is a lot better. I don’t think Herman is a great game-to-game coach, though he is still relatively young I guess as head coaches go.


Music City: Mississippi St. vs Louisville
My pick: MISSISSISSISSISSIPPI STATE 24
Mississippi State’s not, you know, great, but I don’t think Louisville ended the season well. 


Camellia: Florida International vs Arkansas St.
My pick: ARKANSAS STATE 23
This is where this game ended up in my list.


Hawaii: Hawaii vs BYU
My pick: BYU 22
Hard not to get excited about this match-up of states that shouldn’t be in the USA. 


Camping World: Notre Dame vs Iowa St.
My pick: NOTRE DAME 21
Notre Dame seems pretty good.


Redbox: California vs Illinois
My pick: CAL 20
Two bad teams. 


Bahamas: Buffalo vs UNC-Charlotte
My pick: BUFFALO 19
I am already forgetting why I picked this, and I looked it up! Probably something about statistics. 


Cure: Liberty vs Georgia Southern
My pick: GEORGIA SOUTHERN 18
How much of this line is Liberty being Liberty? 


New Mexico: Central Michigan vs San Diego St.
My pick: SAN DIEGO STATE 17
Central Michigan has looked extremely mediocre against decent defenses. 


Belk: Virginia Tech vs Kentucky
My pick: KENTUCKY 16
I’m kind of surprised this didn’t up higher.


Texas: Oklahoma St. vs TAMU
My pick: TAMU 15
Hard not to get excited about this game between mediocre teams I’d probably dislike more if there weren’t dislikable programs constantly around them. 


Holiday: USC vs Iowa
My pick: IOWA 14
They’re gonna fire that guy at USC, and they haven’t yet because it would cost too much. 


Arizona: Wyoming vs Georgia St.
My pick: WYOMING 13
Georgia: Arizona vs Wyoming St. Wyoming: Georgia vs Arizona St. 


Pinstripe: Michigan St. vs Wake Forest
My pick: MICHIGAN STATE 12
I don’t like either of these teams! 


Las Vegas: Boise St. vs Washington
My pick: WASHINGTON 11
This seems like a weird game to pick, with the outgoing coach and all. I think Washington will want to send their beloved coach off with a win, and he will be taking the game seriously. 


Sun: Florida St. vs Arizona St.
My pick: ARIZONA STATE 10
Hard not to get excited about this gridiron contest between two teams.


Cheez-It: Air Force vs Washington St.
My pick: AIR FORCE 9
This should be a fun one. The Cheez-It Bowl! How humiliating for America’s armed forces. 


Cotton: Memphis vs Penn St.
My pick: PENN STATE 8
Penn State is better, but not that much better. Memphis will be all hopped up for their new coach; will Penn State be excited? 


Rose: Oregon vs Wisconsin
My pick: OREGON 7
How much of this pick is that I don’t like Wisconsin, even though I think they’re the better team? A lot! 


Gator: Indiana vs Tennessee
My pick: TENNESSEE 6 
Remember that guy stepping on the Vanderbilt punter’s face? Cool. 


Military: North Carolina vs Temple
My pick: NORTH CAROLINA 5 
Seems like UNC is getting a lot of credit for not beating Clemson. 


First Responder: Western Kentucky vs Western Michigan
My pick: WESTERN KENTUCKY 4
Western! 


Fiesta: Clemson vs Ohio St.
My pick: OHIO STATE 3
This looks like a good game! 


Boca Raton: SMU vs Florida Atlantic
My pick: SMU 2
Coaches leaving etc makes me uncertain about this one. 


Liberty: Navy vs Kansas St.
My pick: KANSAS STATE 1
???

No comments:

Post a Comment