Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ole Miss futility football

Surely this can't be correct ... can it?
As I watched the Rebels lose by twenty points to Louisiana Tech, I began looking for any reason to stick around in Vaught-Hemingway Stadium just before halftime, as I'm not one to leave games early. After quickly scanning the field and then the stands, and realizing that I would have nothing more interesting to do, I casually glanced at the sign somone on our sideline was holding up at the moment to signal what I would presume was a play call to our players. At that moment, we had the ball on offense, and the signaler happened to hold up a sign that read "T.S."

I joked with the people unfortunate enough to still be in the stadium at that moment that I would bet that wideout Tobias Singleton would be getting the ball.

"Ha," I thought. "Wouldn't that be hilarious?"

Then..... he did. On a speed sweep. No big deal, I thought. I just sorta lucked into that one, right? Then.... we watched the playcalling signs for the rest of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment