Friday, November 11, 2011

Yelping with Cormac

This is fun: Yelping with Cormac.
Forever 21

Union Square - San Francisco, CA

Cormac M. | Author | Lost in the chaparral, NM

Two stars.

The first woman I been with was a gal named Mabel Rae down in Plano. She was the second prettiest woman I ever did see. I was eighteen years of age at the time and she was twenty one. She was a whore down on Gas Street. I suppose that may shock some folks. Layin down with a whore like I did. But I see these young things on the street everday wearing clothes would of made Mabel Rae blush. Dont seem like progress to me.

Ever time I rode through Plano I stopped by Gas Street to see Mabel Rae. Now dont misunderstand me. The nature of our acquaintance changed when I met Alice. These were social calls. Mabel Rae always wore the same dress and the same hair but the rest of her aged. Plano was a tough town and she took her licks like everbody else. Werent nothin glamorous about it.

When she was about 35 years of age she took to drink pretty good. Started just fallin apart. I aint proud to say I stopped callin. I caint tell you what happened to her. I’m not sure anybody knows.

I like to think of Mabel Rae when she was twenty one years of age. I reckon she’ll always be that age to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment