Sunday, December 31, 2017

Special "The Wolves are at the Door" Edition 3E Bowl Pick Them Scoreboard

Look wise guy, I know it isn't Tool Man but it came up when I searched for "Home Improvement" and I like it.

Pretty exciting stuff we have here. Real edge of your seat action.

Of the remaining 32 possible outcomes:
  • 16 where Auburn wins and you win both portions of the pick them. This is so boring I don't want to waste another precious second thinking about it.
  • 16 where the the Peach goes to the scrappy underdog from the largest university in the country which is located in the middle of the country's richest recruiting ground. I would win the W/L portion for the second straight year. Something I never thought would happen again. I will cry and my wife and dogs will be confused.
    • 10 outcomes where you still win the confidence portion, creating a split title and throwing our entire relationship into chaos.
    • 6 outcomes where I win the confidence portion. The winners in these scenarios are as follows:
      • Michigan, UCF, Notre Dame, Georgia, Alabama
      • Michigan, UCF, Notre Dame, Georgia, Clemson
      • Michigan, UCF, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Alabama
      • Michigan, UCF, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Clemson
      • Michigan, UCF, LSU, Georgia, Alabama
      • Michigan, UCF, LSU, Oklahoma, Alabama
Astute readers will have noticed a pattern! Did you notice it? Are you astute? I know you are but I'm going to lay it out for you anyway.

I need Michigan and UCF to win. If Notre Dame also wins, it doesn't matter what happens in the playoff games. If LSU wins, I need Alabama to win and it doesn't matter what happens in UGA/OK. So:

1. Michigan, UCF, Notre Dame
 -OR-
2. Michigan, UCF, LSU, Alabama

Other than UCF, those don't seem particularly far-fetched, do they? See you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment