Thursday, October 17, 2019

The Seven Deadly Picks

Week Eight Picks as which of the Seven Deadly Sins best fits my reaction to it. The first sin is if I only allow myself to use each sin one time. The parenthetical sin is me allowing re-use of sins.

Auburn (-18.5): Pride (Wrath). Obvious reasons, I think.

Florida (-6): Lust (Wrath). Did this one last.

LSU (-19): Envy (Wrath). LSU has a fantastic passing offense. Auburn used to have a good offense. I remember it, like a dream. This is a tough pick because LSU is really good and Mississippi State seems to be cratering, but it's also got "look ahead/let down" written all over it. Seems like the over is a good bet here.

Missouri (-21.5): Greed (Sloth). They're rich at Vanderbilt, and Missouri was greedy to join the SEC, where they don't have a good fit and gave up their traditional rivalries to make more TV money.

Georgia (-24.5): Sloth (Wrath). That's how Georgia looked last week, and that accurately captures my total inability to muster any concern about this game.

Texas A&M (-6) (Sloth): Gluttony. The Grove or whatever.

Tennessee (+34.5): Wrath (double Wrath). The most obvious reasons, I think. Of course, Auburn beating Alabama is what's most important, but Alabama fans get such pleasure from their streak against Tennessee that I almost want that to end as much as I want Auburn to win the Iron Bowl. Although, Tennessee sucks and I hate them, too.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Still at $1130. Well! Let's get busy.

Gimme $625 on Auburn to beat Arkansas, to win $50.
Gimme $105 to win $50 on Florida to beat South Carolina. This seems like such a good bet to me that I must be missing something.
Gimme $11 on LSU-Mississippi State going over 61 points, to win $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment